Welcome to East Fork Justice Court
NEW BUSINESS HOURS
Effective May 14, 2021, our hours will be changing from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. to 8:30 a.m.–5 p.m, Mon–Fri. Please make a note of it.
Virtual Court Sessions
As we continue to address Covid-19 conditions, the East Fork Justice Court recognizes its responsibilities for ensuring the quality and continuity of court services, ensuring that court duties are timely and orderly performed, and that the business of the court is properly facilitated and supervised.
East Fork Justice Court will continue to hear cases by video means if the following circumstances apply to your situation:
- The defendant lives more than 100 miles away from the courthouse
- The defendant is classified as high risk per CDC guidelines, or
- The defendant has had an exposure to Covid in the last 10 days
If these circumstances do not apply to your situation, or if the court has not issued a specific order granting your appearance by video, you are required to appear in person.
If these circumstances do not apply to your situation, and you still wish to appear by video, you must submit a request to the court. Failure to submit your request as instructed will result in a denial of the request.
- A Request to Appear by Phone or Video form must be submitted no later than 5:00 pm the Thursday prior to the hearing by sending a fax to the clerk’s office at (775)782-9947.
- The requestor will be notified of the approval or denial of the request at the contact information provided. Until you receive an approval order from the court, your appearance at the hearing in person is required and anticipated
Appearing by Video and Audio Means
Those appearing by video or audio means may log into the session via Zoom, using the Time set for Initial Appearance or the web browser https://join.zoom.us. Ensure you are complying with the instructions How to Appear in the East Fork Justice Court Using Zoom.
East Fork Justice Court is a limited jurisdiction court for the East Fork Township of Douglas County, Nevada, which is outside of the Lake Tahoe basin, and includes the Carson Valley and the Topaz Lake (Antelope Valley) area. The communities of Gardnerville, Minden, Genoa, Johnson Lane, Indian Hills, Gardnerville Ranchos and the Topaz Ranch Estates, as well as the Pinenut Mountains and the foothills of the Eastern Sierra below the Lake Tahoe basin are all part of the East Fork Township.
If you have been charged with a crime or a traffic citation, visit our helpful What To Expect section.
The East Fork Justice Court hears the following cases:
Civil (up to $10,000)
How to Contact East Fork Justice Court:
1038 Buckeye Road
P.O. Box 218
Minden, NV 89423
Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.